"No website is complete without images, photos and other media-related objects and the good news is that WordPress makes working with media on your website very easy and intuitive. This lesson covers how to work with the WordPress media center. Get the full FREE WordPress training course sent straight to your inbox: https://rbrr.co/free-wp-training-yt In the […]"
What kind of blog should I start?
Table of Contents
- 1. How to figure out your “Why”
- 2. How to choose a niche for your new blog
- 3. How to find your voice and approach
- 4. How to figure out your “who”
- 5. How to choose a domain name
- 6. How to choose your blogging platform
- 7. How to choose the best hosting service for your new blog
- 8. How to Set up a blog website with WordPress
- 9. How to Pick a WordPress Theme
- 10. How to write compelling content for your new blog
- 11. How to optimize your blog content for SEO
- 12. How to promote your blog content
- 13. Why should I start a blog in 2021?
- 14. Is it worth it to start a blog in 2021?
- 15. What kind of blog should I start?
- 16. Should I hire a writer?
- 17. Do I need any special software to start a blog?
- 18. Do I have to use WordPress to start a blog?
- 19. How often should I post to my blog?
- 20. Why do blogs fail?
- 21. Can I start a blog for free?
- 22. Does it cost money to start a blog?
There are two main things that you want to consider when thinking about what you need to do to start a blog and what kind of blog you should start:
What medium you want to use
When you’re thinking about the “kind” of blog you want to start it means that you can start a video blog, or a “vlog”, you can start a podcast, or you can create a text based blog.
If you’re like me, you can do all three!
Here’s the most important thing to think about:
Your visitors are going to want to consume content in the way they’re most comfortable consuming it.
Some people would love to watch you talk about it on a video, so you can create a YouTube channel.
Some people want to listen to your content while they’re on the move. It could be during their commute to work, or while they’re at the gym or even while they’re out on a walk.
This is when a podcast would work best.
If you did your dream customer profile right you should have an idea as to what direction you want to go here and what will resonate with them the most.
Oftentimes, it’s a combination of those things.
But the one thing that’s true about all three options: text-based, video-based, or audio-based, they all reside on a central home base online that you control which your self-hosted WordPress site.
What topic you want to cover
We’ve already talked about selecting what you should blog about, but I want to cover this in a little more broad aspect here.
You see, when you’re starting a new blog, you want to have at least some idea of the topic that you want to cover.
Do you want to start a travel blog? What about a food blog? Travel blogs are incredibly popular these days.
So are fitness and lifestyle blogs.
When you’re starting your own blog and asking yourself, “what kind of blog should I start?” start broad on a topic that you’re already interested in and can see yourself working with over a long period of time.